Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jot this down.... where?

Ok, so here's one more story for you. This past Friday I was running around getting things ready for my son's birthday party. Wouldn't you know I got four business calls that afternoon. My husband had also taken the day off, so I went to run a couple errands while he stayed with the kids.

Since I was in the car by myself I decided to check my voice mail and return a few calls. As I'm listening to my messages, I realize I don't have my planner, or anything I can take notes on for that matter, no big deal, I'll just listen and return calls on Monday. One of the messages was from the president of a company I have been trying to get a contract with for six months. He wanted me to call him back that afternoon - I needed something to write on now! I'm thinking - How can I not have a single piece of paper in this car! Then it dawns on me, I have diapers in my purse for my daughter. I can take notes on the back of the diaper then transfer them to my planner when I get home. I just need to make sure I do it before I forget and put the diaper on her.

I'm glad I called back that president, we have a meeting scheduled for next week. As for taking notes on a diaper - it's not the easiest thing in the world - but it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment